Change of bed linen and underwear afterwetting as a result of hygiene procedures, as well as pollution for various reasons occurs in several ways. To begin with, it is worth recalling that the laundry should be without rough seams, fasteners and scars on the side touching the patient's body, because they injure the skin.
If the patient is assigned bed rest, and withhe moves his doctor's permission, then with the help of an assistant he can perfectly handle it himself. In the case when the patient is allowed to sit, he is transplanted with the help of a nurse to a chair, and the change of bed linen and underwear takes place without much difficulty.
When spreading, the formation of wrinkles should be avoided, and the edges of a well-stretched sheet must be filled. With abundant discharge from the patient's wound, it is reasonable to spread the oilcloth under the sheet.
If you can not get up and move, the patient has to resort to outside help, and here there are some difficulties in replacing the laundry, requiring special attention.
The procedure must be prepared, providing everything you need: a set of clean bedding, a bag for dirty laundry, put on gloves, a robe.
It is more convenient if the change of bed linen and underwear is performed by two people. Most often two methods are used:
• vertical (with complete immobility of the patient);
• horizontal (if the patient can turn in bed).
Having prepared everything necessary, it is necessary to establish contact with the patient, explaining the sequence of actions and enlisting his consent to the forthcoming manipulations. After that you can proceed to the procedure.
When it is necessary to change the bed linen and bed linen, the algorithm of actions with complete immobility of the patient looks like this:
1. Change the duvet cover and pillowcase.
2. Beat up the pillows, put the blanket and pillows on the bedside chair.
3. Roll a blank sheet of paper over the width.
4. Assistant, lifting, supports the head and shoulders of the patient.
5. Roll very quickly the dirty sheet to the waist of the patient, and in its place to decompose the clean.
6. Pillows are laid, the patient's head is lowered.
7. The legs and pelvis of the patient are raised.
8. A dirty sheet folds quickly, a clean sheet rolls into its place.
9. Lower limbs of the patient are lowered.
10. The sheet is stretched, carefully straightening around the edges, and is covered with a mattress.
11. Dirty linen in a bag, remove gloves.
12. Cover the patient.
If the patient can turn in the beda horizontal method of replacing the laundry is applied, it is possible to proceed only by establishing a confidential contact with the patient and arranging it to himself with explanations about the actions being taken.
How to change the bed linen and clothes? An algorithm of action will help to avoid mistakes.
To change the bed and bed linen seriously ill patient was successful, you must follow the recommendations.
• Pajamas should be spacious, made of natural materials that absorb moisture easily and do not cause irritation.
• To remove the shirt, it is necessary to gently wrap the edge of clothing to the gate, and bring the patient's hands up. He removes his shirt over his head, freeing the patient's hands.
• Wear first on your hands, then throwing on your head, lowering your shirt over the edges along the trunk down.
• To replace trousers, raise the sacrumpatient and gently pull the trousers down, freeing your legs. If there is a clasp, then pre-unfasten it, but most often in pajamas provided with an elastic band, which greatly facilitates the procedure.
To change bed linen and underwear caused the patient a minimum inconvenience, it is necessary:
• Matching sizes of bed linen and mattress.
• Velcro, elastic on the edge of the sheet for better fixation.
• Pillows should not be made of feathers and down, but of synthetic material (microfiber or sintepon).
• The oilcloth should be soft and wash daily.
• Wash linens without chlorine-containing products and iron on both sides.
If you follow these recommendations, the patient will be delivered a minimum of inconveniences, which will greatly ease his suffering.