Fistula of the rectum is a disease thatIt is considered not very dangerous for health if you contact a specialist in time. As a rule, it is deleted by an operative way. Fistula after surgery usually does not provoke the occurrence of complications.
Under the concept of "rectal fistula" should be understoodA deep canal that forms around the anus between the rectum and the skin. This becomes a consequence of inflammation and inflammation in the tissues that are in direct contact with the rectum.
Fistula is a wound on the skin near the anal opening, with pressure on which there are purulent and spotting discharge.
People of any age can detect a fistula of the rectum. After the operation, according to the statistics and statements of doctors, the patient's recovery is quick and painless.
The main causes of fistulae
1. In patients with acute paraproctitis.
2. People with a diagnosis of Crohn's disease.
3. In patients with diseases diverticulitis, chlamydia, tuberculosis of the rectum, AIDS, syphilis and malignant tumors.
Consequences that cause fistulae
Basically, the fistula of the rectum does not cause any fear. However, if you refuse to take a serious treatment under the supervision of a doctor, a fistula can cause illnesses that are life-threatening:
• increasing the area of infection from the fistula contributes to the occurrence of blood poisoning;
• the development of fistula in a chronic stage can cause cancer.
Symptoms of the fistula in the rectum
1. Itching and pain in the anus.
2. Unpleasant odor, arising from purulent or bloody discharge from the anus.
3. Pain that appears as a result of prolonged sitting, walking, coughing, or defecating.
4. Increase in temperature.
If you find yourself experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, then immediately consult a doctor and completely forget about self-medication.
Treatment of this disease without surgery
Please note that it is necessary to treat this disease only under the supervision of a doctor.
To block infection and anesthesiaThe first stage of treatment the doctor can offer to take antibiotics and pain medications. Further, analyzing the situation, the doctor can recommend an operative intervention for the complete destruction of the fistula and possible complications.
Features of operative fistula removal
The operation is performed under general anesthesia. During the operation, a qualified surgeon will excise the fistula and the surrounding tissues surrounding it.
Fistula after the operation heals quickly, from 5 to 7 days.
Usually, the operation to get rid of the fistula is completed by a full recovery. In this situation, a minimum number of exceptions is fixed.
Fistula after surgery causes complications only in rare cases. Among them are the bleeding and the re-occurrence of the problem. Upon the occurrence of complications, repeated treatment is prescribed.
If you have found a fistula of the rectum in a babythe first months of life, surgical intervention can be delayed up to 18 months, provided the child's well-being and absence of signs of infection.
If the fistula provoked complications
Sometimes there are complications that cause fistula after surgery. Treatment in this case can not be delayed
There are symptoms that indicate the presence of complications. Here are the main ones:
• Pain in the abdomen or in the perineum.
• High temperature.
• Urination is complicated.
• Isolation of pus and blood from the rectum.
• Stool output is difficult.
• Incontinence of stool or gases.