Each of us wants to turn our house into aislet of warmth and comfort. To cope with this task we are helped by floor coverings. There are a lot of them: carpet, linoleum, parquet board, laminate. But nowadays cork floors are very popular, photos of which sometimes amaze our imagination.
Than to explain, what they began to usetrue "people's love"? It turns out that everything is very simple. The floor made of natural cork is durable, ecological, hygienic, has a beautiful texture, is pleasant to the touch. In other words, today it is the best finishing material in the world. Of course, the cork floor has pros and cons. But in numerous construction forums, those who already have the experience of "communicating" with him, say that there is no better coverage.
Sex from cork - what is it?
The secret of obtaining the material is quite simple. Cork tree has a feature: it "dumps" the bark. After reaching a tree of 30 years of age, its top layer can be removed, and the plant does not cause any harm. After the obtained raw material is ground, processed in a certain way, then it is heated in a special furnace and pressed under considerable pressure. Such a pressed mixture of air bubbles and cork is the basis for floor production. Its front side is usually decorated with natural veneer, vinyl or cork. Therefore, the cork floor has pluses and minuses, of course, but it is certainly very beautiful and can create a unique design.
Cork floor in a modern interior
Cork is an excellent material used forfinishing the room, and not only floors, but also walls, ceilings. First of all, it is appreciated for its excellent sound and heat insulation properties. It is not affected by household chemicals, it perfectly absorbs odors.
Decorability of this flooring,having a natural yellow, brown, ocher color, is widely used for creating interiors. You can choose the tone of furniture and darker or lighter shades, the most unusual colors with interesting impregnations. Cork floor, the pros and cons of which can be taken into account when stacking, will look great in any room.
Cork flooring - the perfect solution
If a conventional floor covering appearsboring, you can always find where to buy a cork floor with a texture of veneer of different wood: oak, pine or any exotic species, for example, with an American nut, rosewood or zebrano pattern. You can lay a photopole or photopacket or similar material that imitates sand, stone or pebbles.
Pros of cork coverings
So what has the cork floor pluses and minuses? Its main advantage is connected with the material.
• Porous structure is the biggest plus of this material. Each time, filled with air, is tight, so the cork is so elastic, elastic and light.
• Such a warm feel to the touch, for it slowly absorbs the heat emanating from the person's body, which can not be said about marble, linoleum and other materials.
• Cork cover perfectly "kills" all the noise, so the neighbors will never complain about you.
• Such material is resistant to deformation, and after the furniture is changed, the dents from the legs are quickly restored.
• Eco-friendliness is another advantage of cork. In addition, it has protection from radiation.
• Such a floor does not slip, it's easy to take care of, it does not accumulate dust and has an orthopedic effect on the spine while walking.
Of course, in nature there are no ideal materials, and the cork floor is no exception.
- It can swell under the influence of excessive moisture.
- The material has a poor tensile strength, i.e. afraid of cat claws and female "hairpins".
- The cork is rough, therefore it requires coating with different compositions.
- High-quality material has a high cost, even above the laminate and parquet. But when buying in the first place should be guided only by their opinion, taking into account all the pros and cons.